COVID-19 IMPORTANT NOTICE (22. 6. 2020)
Due to the pandemic, the seminar is postponed to June 26 and 27, 2021. Right now, we aren’t accepting new applications for the seminar yet, but we will post all details and open applications again in the following weeks. Thank you for your understanding.
This two day seminar will take a thorough look at fear based problems in pet dogs using the most up to date science presented in an ‘easy to practically apply’ manner
Topics will include:
- • Different categorisations of fear and why this matters
- • Recognising fear in dogs
- • What to do in the moment to reduce fear
- • A look at learning theory and consideration of what techniques are best suited to resolving fear based issues
- • What other factors affect the development and persistence of fear problems such as sleep patterns, pain, disease, types of physical and mental exercise, inherited tendencies, bonds to owners/ other dogs etc.
- • When to consider medications for fear based problems
- • A 5 step template for resolving problem behaviours and how this can be applied to case studies such as fireworks phobias, separation anxiety and fear aggression to people/ dogs.
This presentation is suited to both dog owners but also animal professionals such as trainers, behaviourists and veterinary staff.